ITM: What Role Do You Play? - March 27-28, 2018
This intensive and interactive 2-day seminar focuses on the knowledge needed for participants to develop a clear understanding of NFPA 25. The coursework contains an overview of basic functions of the components of a waterbased fire protection system and the rules associated with their respective requirements for inspection, testing and maintenance. A complete immersion in the standard is conducted throughout the seminar to strengthen the abilities of the participants to utilize, interpret and explain the various rules contained within the standard. The seminar also focuses on several specific areas: the major differences between the 2011 and 2014 versions of the standard, the use of the Tables contained in the standard to facilitate determining requirements for Inspection, Testing & Maintenance, and a series of sample questions to test the participant’s knowledge. This seminar is intended to provide participants with the knowledge to know exactly what is within and without the scope of NFPA 25. The seminar also provides participants with options in dealing with situations that may fall outside of the standard yet need to be addressed.
16 CEU’s for Contractors, Waterbased Inspectors and AHJ’s
At the conclusion of this seminar participants will be able to
- Identify the components of sprinklers, fire pumps, standpipe systems, water storage tanks, and fire service mains and describe their function
- Identify the requirements for inspection and testing in NFPA 25 as they apply to various systems and components.
- Recognize various potential problems with system and explain them.
- Identify the appropriate section of NFPA 25 that addresses specific problems.
- Recognize potential system deficiencies as defined in NFPA 25.
- Discuss testing requirements for water-based fire protection systems and components
- Describe the roles of the inspector/tester, the owner & the AHJ.
Seminar Format(s): Lecture, Discussion, Activities, Testing
Participant Materials: NFPA 25, Participant Guide
Price: $350.00 Members, $700.00 Non-Members and FREE to AHJ’s
March 27 & 28, 2018
8:00 – 5:00
Advanced Fire Protection, 37 Tupelo Avenue, Ft. Walton Beach, FL