Coordinating NFPA 25 & 72 Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance Requirements,TWO LOCATIONS Aug 1 and 3, 2017
(aka “Who are you going to call?)
AUGUST 1, 2017
Advanced Fire Protection
37 Tupelo Avenue
Ft. Walton Beach, FL
AUGUST 3, 2017
Wiginton Fire Systems
699 Aero Lane
FREE TO AHJ’S
Seminar Description: Both NFPA 25 and NFPA 72 require coordination of the testing of the sprinkler systems and the fire alarm systems. That is easier said than done. With a variety of administrative code references, varying task frequencies, differences in scope, and unique definitions used in the codes and standards overseeing fire protection system inspection, testing and maintenance (ITM) coordination of work becomes critical to ensure proper and complete building protection. This unique seminar the participant will explore the issues and develop strategies to coordinate the work required by these two important standards.
While not absolutely necessary, participants should have a basic working knowledge of NFPA 25 & 72 in order to get the most from the seminar.
Intended Audience: Sprinkler System ITM contractors and technicians, Alarm System Contractors and Technicians, Authorities Having Jurisdiction, Building Owners, Facilities Managers.
At the conclusion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the foundational requirements for ITM in the model building and fire codes.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the sprinkler contractor, the alarm contractor, the authority having jurisdiction, and the building owner in coordinating ITM work.
- Identify the coordination requirements in NFPA 25.
- Identify the coordination requirements in NFPA 72.
- Discuss the impact of NFPA 4.
- Develop a plan for coordinating system impairments.
- Develop a plan for coordinating recordkeeping.
Seminar Format(s): Lecture, case studies, code review and interactive exercises.
Participant Materials: Participant Guide.
Class times 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Cost: $175.00 Members (NFSA or AFSA members) $350.00 Non-members
FREE TO AHJ’S